- Part time 0.4 FTE or 2 days per week
- 1 year CDD
- Located in Melbourne, Bundoora Campus
- [Level A] – $69,983 – $93,750 prorated per year + 17% retirement pension
About the position
A research officer is required to assist with clinical research (for example, participant recruitment, clinical data collection, and data management) in one or more clinical trials related to the management of knee injuries, pain and arthritis. These studies include (but are not limited to):
A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial Investigating the Effect of Medical Cannabis on Pain and Function in People with Knee and Hip Pain Following Injury and Pain-Related Implementation Projects Knee.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, you will need to;
- Conduct and publish, or otherwise disseminate high-quality and/or high-impact research/scholarly activities under limited supervision, independently or as part of a team.
- Participation in meetings related to research or to the work of the unit to which the research is attached and/or to Department or School meetings and/or membership of a limited number of commissions.
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree in a health-related discipline (e.g., physiotherapy, podiatry, exercise science, biomechanics, anatomy and physiology, nutrition and dietetics, nursing, medicine) and proof of participation in studies of higher level relevant to the discipline or professional field.
- Evidence of research and evaluation experience and ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- High level organizational skills including effective time and workload management, problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds in a cooperative and collegial manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in a cooperative and collegial manner.
- Demonstrated high level of personal motivation and personal management skills.
Please refer to the job description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
The success of La Trobe University is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly driven, pursuing new ideas and creating knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s leading research institutions and the largest provider of higher education in the Victoria region. Our teaching and research address some of the most important issues of our time and we are passionate about driving change through operational excellence for the benefit of the communities we serve.
Welcome Video – Bundoora Campus – See link below.
Please click on this link for a full list of benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to register
Closing Date: sunday 26e June 2022 at 11:55 p.m. AEST
Job requests: Adam Culvenor, [email protected]
Recruitment requests: [email protected]
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
That of the University Health and safety procedure – COVID-19 vaccination and other measures, requires personnel hired to perform on-site work at La Trobe University to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless exempt from vaccination due to a recognized medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work on-site. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, and providing satisfactory proof of their vaccination or exempt status. at University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter; and
- An up-to-date CV.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working at our inspiring and stunning campuses – the ideal hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners, and communities now and in the future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian employee working with children check prior to commencement..