- Continuing position based in Research and Innovation Services at UniSA Enterprise Center, City West Campus
- Strategic research data and systems management and project management of post-award research activities
- Starting salary: $123,186 (plus 17% superannuation)
About the role
You will play a key role in the success of UniSA’s academic business plan using your expertise in leading a team of professionals in the Research Project Management team. By ensuring the accurate collection and analysis of business data throughout the research lifecycle, you will provide enterprise-level business intelligence through quality reporting to both the University and to external stakeholders. As an experienced project manager committed to continuous improvement, you will oversee the optimization of business processes and systems to enable UniSA to support risk management and on-time delivery of research at UniSA.
corporate university of australia
At UniSA, we train global professionals ready to create and inspire change, and we deliver research that is informed by end users, as well as inspired by global challenges and opportunities, to drive economic and social prosperity.
We are looking for those who have the right knowledge, who are creative and who know how to communicate and collaborate. We value people who are inspired by new challenges, who ask questions and offer solutions, who are authentic, engaged and committed to our goals as a university.
The University has embarked on an ambitious plan, Enterprise 25, to place people, programs and the precinct at the heart of University operations. This will position UniSA as the go-to university for people who want to build careers globally, as well as for industry and professions who want to collaborate with our scholars to drive and create their own future.
Research and Innovation Department
Supports the Associate Vice-Chancellor, Research and Enterprise in research management and administration of internal and national research grants. It is also responsible for ensuring the responsible and ethical conduct of research and for developing and implementing strategic initiatives to improve the quality of the postgraduate research student experience and outcomes.
The research project management team
Provides strategic and operational support to the RIS Director/Deputy Director, by enabling researchers to initiate, manage and report on research projects and through continuous improvement of systems and processes to support the project lifecycle .
Essential skills and experience
- Advanced degrees in a relevant field and preferable relevant experience in a higher education environment
- Experience in research management, project management, or data science with a demonstrated track record of delivering continuous improvements to business processes and systems
- Highly developed skills in data collection and analysis and proven ability to develop reporting frameworks and report templates
- Strong project management skills with experience driving and executing concurrent projects with competing deadlines in a complex environment
- High-level negotiation, interpersonal, presentation and writing skills
- Demonstrated people leadership skills
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous 17% pension contributions
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary conditioning options, including vehicle hire, laptops and parking fees
- Company health insurance
- Varied holidays
As a university of business, we offer a dynamic and agile work culture that rises to challenges and thrives by forging new paths. Our people are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a dynamic and engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient and influential, and we deliver results.
How to register
For a copy of the job description and to apply, please visit Work at UniSA. The online application form lists the specific selection criteria you must meet.
Please send your cover letter to Andrew Sarunic, Manager: Recruitment Center. For further information on the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email [email protected] using the job reference number 4640.
Closing of applications: 11:30 p.m. Monday, November 21, 2022
Applications are welcome from Australian or New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the duration of their appointment.
How to register:
Applications must be submitted online, please note that UniSA does not accept applications by email.
- Start your application by clicking on the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already created an account, please log in before starting your application
- If you forgot your login information, click here to reset your password
- Overview of the application form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive corporate culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further assistance contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email [email protected] and you will receive a response within one working day.