- Permanent full-time position
- Melbourne Campus (Bundoora)
- [HEO9] – TRP $134,629 – $142,627 including 17% retirement pension
About the job
The La Trobe Animal Research and Education Center (LARTF) provides the expertise, infrastructure and capabilities to facilitate the diversity of animal research activities. The LARTF Operations Manager will be located at the Melbourne campus of La Trobe University in Bundoora at the LARTF facilities. Reporting to the Director, Research Infrastructure, the LARTF Operations Manager will have line management of LARTF staff, work with LARTF stakeholders to maintain and improve service delivery, oversee LARTF operations, and inform the strategic planning of the LARTF. LARTF led by the Director of Research Infrastructure. .
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, you will need to;
- A degree, extensive management expertise and supporting experience, or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or other equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience and success in managing and operating animal research facilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative policies and practices in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships internally and externally and to communicate effectively on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a complex and political environment and to balance a range of priorities and expectations.
Please refer to the job description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
The success of La Trobe University is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly driven, pursuing new ideas and creating knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s leading research providers and Greater Victoria’s largest provider of higher education. Our teaching and research address some of the most important issues of our time and we are passionate about driving change through operational excellence for the benefit of the communities we serve.
Welcome to Bundoora Campus – Please click on the video link below:
Please click on this link for a full list of benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to register
Closing Date: Around 11:55 p.m. Wednesday 25and May 2022
Job requests: Ashley Franks, [email protected]
Recruitment requests: [email protected]
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
That of the University Health and safety procedure – COVID-19 vaccination and other measures, requires personnel hired to perform on-site work at La Trobe University to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless exempt from vaccination due to a recognized medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work on-site. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, and providing satisfactory proof of their vaccination or exempt status. at University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter; and
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae;
- A separate document dealing with each of the essential criteria (skills and knowledge required for the position).
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working at our inspiring and stunning campuses – the ideal hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners, and communities now and in the future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian employee working with children check prior to commencement..